- Presentation Skills: Classroom Delivery Of Instruction, Professional Development, Blended Learning Environments, Differentiated Learning, Education Scaffolding And Community Support.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Native English Speaker, Fluent In Spanish). Culturally Competent And Literate About The Diversity In The SF Bay Area.
- Organized, Straightforward, Critical Thinker, Who Is Dedicated To Supporting People From All Backgrounds To Succeed.
- Enthusiastic, Committed, And Dependable.
- Master of Science, Education, Online Teaching and Learning, 2010, California State University, East Bay
- Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts Degree, 2000, San Francisco State University
- Certificate of Completion, Spanish, 1998, City College of San Francisco
Oakland School for the Arts, Oakland, CA. 94612
|Director of Student Support Services,Director of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, Oakland School for the Arts,
- Program Manager: Independent Study, Academic Re-Entry, Student Government and Cultural Relevance professional development.
- Chaperoned middle school and high school events, managed school activities, and provided behavioral support for classes.
- Communicated with teachers, parents, students and other administrators to increase accessibility for all students.
- Responsible for communications with Bay Area community resources: to support the campus community.
- Provided coaching and support to students and teachers on integrating 21st century technology into the curriculum.
- Aligned student support programs with expected school wide learning results (ESLRs) and teaching practices.
- Developed and implemented school wide discipline policies that included conflict management and cooperative learning.
- Provided support Individual Education Programs and 504 students and families. Coordinate Student Study Teams and follow up.
- Worked with students, parents and community to increase the success of individual students and the school by providing referrals to needed resources.
- Provided individual and college counseling support and planning, including scholarship research.
- Placed emphasis on community support for the individual for the purpose of dropout prevention.
|1990-1996, 2003- 2007 City & County of San Francisco, S. F., CA
||Community Resource Specialist positions, SFUSD
- Maintained records on Special Education and “at-risk” students including: 504, 508 and Individual Education Programs.
- Maintained computer systems/trained staff on software use. Conducted computer labs.
- Organized conflict management workshops for students and families. Prepared newsletters.
- Created parent education materials.
- Prepared quarterly reports and maintained records on program activities.
- Consulted and coordinated programs between the Pupil Services office and the various high schools.
- Partnered with “Families in Transition” program to support homeless families.
|2001-2003:ST. John’s Educational Threshold
|Executive Director, YouthSpace
- Co-Administered with board, staff and community relations.
- Taught conflict management, workshops, one on one training in technical skills. Grants management.
- Quarterly Reports/Fiscal Year Reports
- Facilitated youth leadership and empowerment trainings.
- Managed annual budget. Maintained computer systems, conducted hardware and software training. Handled PR with city officials and other community-based organizations.
- Worked With Department of Children Youth and Families
RECENT WEB WORK